Tangy goat cheese, fresh peas and fragrant basil bring delightful flavor to this dish for Mother’s Day or a late spring brunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 6 – 8
- 9 eggs
- 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup (3 oz./90 g) thinly sliced green onions, white and light green portions
- 1 cup (5 oz./155 g) diced ham or bacon
- 1 cup (5 oz./155 g) shelled fresh or frozen English peas*
- 4 oz. (125 g) soft goat cheese, divided into tablespoon-sized pieces
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
*Optional: substitute chopped asparagus for peas.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt until well combined.
- In a 9 1/2-inch (24-cm) sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the green onions and sauté until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ham and peas and cook for 1 minute, then pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese pieces on top of the egg mixture.
- Transfer the sauté pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffy and the top is beginning to brown, about 25 minutes. Remove frittata from the oven, sprinkle with the basil, and serve immediately.
Jason French, Chef/Owner, Ned Ludd